View Single Post

Old 01-01-2017, 06:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,255 Times in 505 Posts

man I hope you have as much fun with your tp9sa as I do with mine
it is an excellent pistol and is IMO the best value for your dollar on a striker fired polymer pistol.

don't buy into the haters who think more money equals better quality, I own a few 9mm striker fired pistols , StyerM9A1, Glocks, 17L, 19, ruger American, and a canik tp9sa, and have owned many others. and I just have never liked the M&P series smith polymer guns at all

the canik holds its own with any of them, that I have ever shot,

the Glock 17l is a competition gun from the factory, with a 3.5 lb trigger, my 19 has a aftermarket 3.5 lb trigger
the canik trigger is better than any of them as it came from the box.

my first 5 shots with the canik were at 21 feet from a supported shooting position and gave the type of grouping 1/2" one hole group that you would expect from a target pistol costing a couple thousand
dollars or more and that was with silver bear Russian 115gr ammo

it is now over 2000 rds. without any issues and as accurate as it was the first day.

my youngest son was a die hard Glock shooter and competitor in the various pistol classes using clock 19 and 34 in idpa and the 17l in the open class, he now competes with the TP9 as his idpa gun and we are waiting on there newest model the tP9sfx and looking forward to its arrival in the gun stores

some people don't like the decocker switch but it has never been an issue with us and I like the ideal of having a pistol that can lay in a night stand with a round in the pipe and a dead trigger that can be reactivated with a 3/8" slide move

enjoy the pistol, others have paid more for a so called brand name and don't have as much gun

as far as an unsupported chamber my son has a 35 glock that has seen literally thousands of 40S@W and probably almost as many rounds of 357sig with no issues

I am not knocking the other brands, they are good guns or I would not own them, but so is the canik

and 40 is getting much cheaper to shoot since everyone has jumped back on the 9mm train

Last edited by ky wonder; 01-01-2017 at 06:31 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: