View Single Post

Old 01-01-2017, 04:45 PM

Liked 29,234 Times in 13,820 Posts
Default And Happy New Year to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdlarson View Post
Thanks for the replies...I enjoy reading them! I was thinking about it this morning (at church of all places) and as some of the above posts indicate, I am getting the performance I am asking of the cartridge as loaded. I am not looking for the wrist/elbow crunching, atomic fireball spewing screamer loads that are out there - though I would like to put a few cylinders thru the gun just to see what they are like! I have to remember that in circa 1935 this was THE definition of revolver performance. Now we have revolver/cartridge parings that'll suck the paint off of your house and give your family a permanent orange afro. (Name that movie and you'll get 100 points.... ). I'll keep in mind the power/flat shooting/manageable recoil in an N-Frame that buck460XVR spoke of.....and I might try a little more 2400 in the loads. Happy New Year!
I shoot target load and moderate loads for an hour and a half or so, but before I clean up and go I fire off some barn burners just to get the 'feeling'. I don't hunt and I have NO reason to fire a .357 full blast, except for occasional kicks.