View Single Post

Old 01-01-2017, 07:04 PM

Liked 1,540 Times in 841 Posts

Well,your question certainly did raise quite a few opinions;I bet you've reached your goal;having the subject developped.If I may add my 2 cents worth of rethorics about it...
While the debate 9mm vs .45ACP began a few decades ago,I think that both party having its advocates, we are far from seing the end of it.I remember reading about it in the early '70s and it still will get feelings flowing like hot lava!But while I admit that the expanding bullets have improved from a long way back,bullet expansion is still an ''if''thing.I mean,I shoot a .355 projectile and hope it will end up .452 or larger That speaks for itself.
Funny how people get their feelings tickled when the 9mm vs .45 question is raised but I bet that the same question slightly modified like .38 Spl+P vs .45 wouldn't probably get 33% of the same feedback..38 Spl and 9mm=same bullet diameter(.355 vs .357 I don't think it matters much).While the 9 will beat the heck out of and regular .38Spl load,the latter catches up quite rapidly with heavier bullets(158+gr).
Guess I might have opened another can of worms here....have I?
Qc

Last edited by Qc Pistolero; 01-01-2017 at 07:07 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: