View Single Post

Old 01-01-2017, 11:02 PM

Liked 7,048 Times in 2,985 Posts

What someone said about using the 357 Sig. You can get the velocity you need with heavier bullets. But with the original 9mm..agin the laws of physics kinda interfere. The case is so small it is hard to generate the velocities with a heavy bullet in the 9. If it was such a GREAT idea don't you think the ammo companies would have already done it. To get a good heavy bullet in the 9 to work the way you want it to..some things would have to be changed. I'm not saying it can't be done..I'm just saying it hasn't been done by the people who could make money out of the idea. And if the 45 is as bad as so many people want to think it is...why compare the 9 to it?? I have some +P rated 45 factory ammo that does what you all are trying to get the 9mm to do in spades. Physics still raises it's head again with the increase in recoil factor. If I have to shoot the 9 it is going to be with a factory 147 gr HP like the Federal or something with the Gold Dot(a very good bullet IMO). Seriously..if what we all might like to have with the 9mm was possible don't you think it would already have been done? Either it isn't safely possible or not economically feasible. The 10mm is a good round as is the 40 S&W...but they were developed for a perceived problem that was flawed from the beginning. So here we are today with two stepchildren. Gonna make another? Just trying to be the devil's advocate.
The Following User Likes This Post: