View Single Post

Old 01-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Please confirm approx YOM and value of S&W 41

I read this thread with interest and believe the S&W 41 I have was shipped sometime in late 1964 or early 1965. Its S/N is 706XX and earlier posts show shipping dates of NOV '64 for 700XX and DEC '65 for 760XX, which is ~460/mo during that 13 month period. I would think 706XX was shipped perhaps late '64 or early '65. What would the experts suggest?
Regarding value, I am liquidating a collection belonging to a deceased friend's wife and would appreciate your thoughts on a "going price". This 41 has the 5" light weight field bbl and is very lightly used. My friend shot all of the guns he acquired but this one shows no bluing wear, scars or scratches and the wood grips are in VG or better condition. I would rate the overall condition at 98%. Unfortunately, no box, tools or paperwork could be found. There was an old box of Federal Monarch standard velocity loads missing 20 rds in the shoebox with this pistol so that may have been the extent of its use. Any assist you can offer with pricing this very nice pistol would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year!