View Single Post

Old 01-02-2017, 09:36 PM

Liked 3,637 Times in 1,627 Posts

I like that my CED M2 has the electronics back on the table with me, and the cheaper parts down range.

One surprising cost of a chrony is that I had to buy a high quality tripod to hold it. Replacing the tripod would cost more than replacing the screens.

On the CED M2, it won't work late afternoon as the sun gets low. And screens need to be set out about as far as the cables will allow, lest reading will be of the muzzle blast. I was weirded out when I got 2,400 fps from a .38 Super.

In spite of what all kinds of people will tell you, the chronograph will not tell you PRESSURE.

Wise A gives good advice: 'It's also handy when you're consciously working up a load--a nonlinear relationship between velocity gains and increases in charge weight is a sign that you're getting close to the top.'

I had conflicting references for N105 in .38 Super with 125 gr bullets. Max was 10.4 grains, yet old VV docs said 11.0 grains. Beyond 10.4, I saw only slight increase in velocity from added powder. Hence 10.4 is correct max for my gun.