View Single Post

Old 01-02-2017, 11:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 724 Times in 291 Posts
Question New 3rd Gens still being manufactured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhacker View Post
Has to be from an LE contract, which S&W is still doing for 3rd gens.

You can get an idea of the time frame this gun was made by the date code on the Trijicon rear night sight, "14" for 2014.

Price has dropped to $599.99... if I wasn't in CA where it and it's 15 rd magazine can't be brought in, I'd be all over it at that price.
Thank you for posting this info, this is very interesting, as I occasionally read posts from some that say S&W is no longer making new 3rd gens. It seems from the info posted hear that S&W is in fact continuing to make new 3rd gen pistols for LE contracts. Further, from what I heard recently from someone at S&W, they typically always make more, extras, than what the initial contract number might be for, and those extra 3rd gens may find their way to distributors to be sold on the civilian market such as Cabellas, if this all sounds right, do not know for sure, just seems like this is what is happening based on all the pieces of information, which is good news, as I like the 3rd gens, and am glad to see they may still be manufactured from time to time, even if for special LE contracts.

Last edited by 0849; 01-02-2017 at 11:08 PM.