View Single Post

Old 01-03-2017, 02:27 PM

Liked 16,951 Times in 3,692 Posts

I just added a Spyderco Endura Emerson Wave to my collection before Christmas. I'm a big fan of the Delica, but was looking for something bigger to carry with me on my exercise walks during pre-dawn hours. It's for dog defense more than people defense.

The Emerson opener is simple to learn to use, but getting the knife out of your pocket without deploying the blade takes conscious thought. When I get back home from walking I put the Endura away and switch to the five or six year old Delica which is my EDC knife of choice.

Having just bought a couple of new Spydercos with FRN handles and back locks it became apparent that the opening and closing gets slicker as the knives get broken in. A drop or two of Rem Oil and opening and closing the knives repeatedly slicks them up quite a bit. The Delica and Enduras are quite easy to learn to open and close one handed, especially when they get slicked up a bit like my old leaf green Delica.

The clip can be moved to the opposite side of the knife for left hand carry. The screws are size T-5 torxs. I have taken the clip completely of two of my three Delicas and let them ride loose in my pocket with my keys and change.

I thought about getting a Delica with the Emerson Wave, but it is not something I want to carry all day long and the Delica is a utility type knife not a fighting knife. With my Endura Emerson I know I can get it out and into action fast and hopefully be able to put a world of hurt on any dog that decides to make contact with me. I've been thinking about clipping a second knife in my left pocket just in case.

If you want one by all means get one. I expect you will fall back to carrying your Delica without the Emerson Wave most of the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spyderco Emerson 1 rs.jpg (210.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Spyderco Emerson 2 rs.jpg (228.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Spyderco Emerson 3 rs.jpg (201.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Spyderco Emerson 4 rs.jpg (222.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Spyderco 010 rs.jpg (230.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by kwselke; 01-04-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Add Picture 5