View Single Post

Old 01-03-2017, 03:56 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Heh, I knew that was coming.

The Chrony's not been bad to me. The only time I really get a lot of errors is dusk. Since I started using it only when the sun was above the trees, I don't think I've had a single error.

But same deal as usual between me and Fred--I also would not mind an Oehler, but hey, money's money.

The LabRadar is definitely a neat piece of kit. If the cash for one isn't that dear to you, it's definitely worth it.
Just my exp using all kinds of diff chronos. I even had one with foil screen back in 1975. The Chrony line all use the same ****** screens. The bullet must be placed exactly over the center of the screens, no more than 8" high, on good days. So makes aligning at say 300yds, a bit more diff. They are accurate, just as accurate as the Oehler, but you get far more errors with the Chrony.
We did a test with a Chrony Master, CED & Oehler, back to back to back. Fired 2 strings, then swapped positions so they all had the same position once. The Oehler never, missed a shot, the CED maybe 5%, the Chrony, almost 50%. The tiny screens just don't allow any deviation.
So for the hobby guy that wants to check PF once & awhile, Chrony will work. If you use it for rifle load dev, I would pony up for at least a CED. FWIW, I also don't like shooting at the guts of the machine, so that also eliminates many of the brands where the screens & chrono are the same unit.

Last edited by fredj338; 01-03-2017 at 03:59 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: