View Single Post

Old 01-03-2017, 09:07 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,245 Times in 830 Posts

I am skeptical; although I do hope the new Colt revolver turn-out to be a wonderful hand gun. I am concerned it will start out a good seller but not so hot of a owner pleaser.

First, I am not happy with the rubber grips Kind of a wood grip/stock type of guy myself especially on revolvers.

Second, I know it is a snubbie, but where is the nice target sights like my Model 66-2 snubbie? Yea, I know just stick it in their gut and pull the trigger. I am not so enthused about the pictured front sight. Just doesn't look right to me.

Third, Were is the in-place workforce at Colt in the event a new revolver has to go back for warranty work. This is a brand new revolver model not in just name nomenclature but also in production. I think many will wonder if there will not have to be a shake-down period for a new production item. What happens if there are numerous, a lot of new products have it happen, problems during the first year or so of production. Is Colt prepared to handle significant repair/warranty work? Is the skilled repair craftsmen on hand? Will there be sufficient replacement parts available while the production line is dedicated to whole revolver demand? Maybe, it is a disposable piece meaning just remove and replace sub-assembly parts. I don't know.

I guess we will find out in 2017.

For the time being, I think I will just buy a few older S&W revolvers if I have a hankering for another revolver. They are plentiful and good deals if one shops for used ones.