View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 AM
US Veteran

Liked 39,406 Times in 10,030 Posts

All of my more modern guns are Stainless/ Its blue compares to a model 28.-2. Doesn't compare to some of my bright blue guns. Don't see any manufacturing grrrs or burrs. Action is as tight and smooth as any of my low round count guns, Not as smooth as some of my older guns.

I bought it for a carry gun and to see if it could be reamed to 45. It can not. I shot it quite a bit and liked it. Didn't ever shoot it beyond 25 yds. My 431 is a fixed sight and hits to point of aim with 200gr hollow points. Decent groups for 3" double action. Found a deal on a used S&W 696 no dash with a great trigger, but, I really don't do any better with it than 431. Now, I have a 396 S&W. It isn't as smooth as either of the other 2 yet (I think it is getting better with some use).

I don't know if it is an exception and it is not of real recent manufacture, but it does everything I really want or need for a short, small big bore.

But, then notice that I could help but get a couple Smiths of similar configuration. Nothing like the "real thing"

Last edited by steelslaver; 01-04-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Grammer/spelling
The Following 2 Users Like Post: