View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 09:37 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstuff View Post
i wouldn't mess around with a rimfire only suppressor, i'd get something that will work with a .223 AR as well. Something with a quick-detach mount so you can easily switch it between your 15-22 and 'proper' AR.

22lr are dirty, it does vary by brand, but all are dirty, Hence they need to be cleaned. Most 223 cans are welded and cannot be taken apart, so you should not be shooting lead 22 lr through the 223 can.

As Sithlord they are not disposable, and a low price is the last thing you should look at. 1) Sound level 2) Construction 3) monocore, baffles, 4) weight & length, 5) price.

I have dealt with silencer shop for the last 4 years and they are very good at what they do, compared to many other companies, and they will have the lowest price.

For a rimfire I like Liberty Kodiak, unfortunately no longer made. Their Regulator is an excellent can, sound/construction/price, and My current recommendations to customers, with a lifetime warranty. An integral can from Innovative arms is quiet, I clean it seldom, it just gets better.

Try before you buy. I have demo's so that a customer can hear what they are buying. The specifications listed are what they are, I am not testing them by machine. Many things affect the sound, temp, Barometric pressure, location, ammunition, so take specifications with a grain of salt, since I have tried many different rimfire cans the Kodiak have been the quietest, even on the 15-22 with a slidefire- yes it can be done.

Remember that you need a $200.00 Tax stamp whether you pay $200 or $800 which you will not get back or be able to transfer if you get a poor quality can, it would be 200 + the price of a quiet can. It all depends on YOUR level of quiet required. Be Safe,