View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 02:54 PM

Liked 19,920 Times in 8,806 Posts

AR's are like tinker-toys......... or Barbie's........ for men......... with almost unlimited options.........................

OK my suggestion; ...... not as sexy as giving the gun itself..... but a gun is not generally returnable ...... you loose big $$$s on a "used" sale or trade, or he gets a bunch of features he wants to change but will cost him extra $$s!

Make and print your own "Gift Certificate" for $XXX.xx towards an AR-15. (It can state it's limited to the purchase of an AR and/or accessories )

Redeemable by you..... not a specific store...... so he can spend $XXX.xx to get exactly what he wants...........from anywhere!!!!
Hey; you can throw in a dinner ......or he has to take you with him for the purchase....... or take you shooting with him afterwards!!!

I did a version of this with each of my boys for Christmas.

Each Boy's "Gift Certificate" had clip-able coupons.......

One had 5 coupons he could clip and redeem for $XX.xx each;"one at each home visit" (his mom like that idea)..... the idea was to give him a little extra cash for date nights spread over the next Semester at College

The younger got one with 5 coupons he could clip and redeem towards video games during the course of the year. (one coupon/game); each coupon is worth about half what a game will cost ....... so he will have skin in each game purchased.

You can have fun with the actual wording and layout......... my boys were happy and it's was/is a lot more fun than giving cash!

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 01-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.