View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 03:09 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,135 Times in 1,146 Posts

My wife told me if I bought a new gun I had to sell an old gun. Off I went to the gun show and, sure enough, came back with a new gun. When she asked me what I'd sold, I told her the truth: I'd sold my 4 inch S&W Model 629 .44 Magnum. Nomenclature is lost on her, so she asked which one that was. I described it, and her horrified reaction was, "You sold MY GUN?" Turned out whenever I was away (which was a lot courtesy of the US Army) she loaded it with Winchester .44 Special Silvertips and kept it on the nightstand. So, I laid out all my revolvers (She doesn't like "guns that shoot back.") and told her to pick one, praying that she wouldn't commandeer the newest acquisition! She looked them over and pointed at the 4 inch former PD S&W Model 681 with Crimson Trace grips that I was planning to use as a work gun. "That looks like my gun," she says. I showed her how the laser worked and told her it was sighted in at 25 yards with Remington 125 grain SJHP .38 Special +P ammunition. She smiled and said, "Thank you!" I haven't so much as handled it once in the last decade except to change the batteries in the grips.

Whenever I hear some guy say, "I want to get a little gun for my wife," I just shake my head. Yeah, I'm the guy whose wife carries a 4 inch service revolver. Then, again, I've been married to her for 43 years.
Luke 22:36

Last edited by elm_creek_smith; 01-11-2017 at 06:32 PM.