View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 04:34 PM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirod View Post
It may not be a state regulation, but leaving the home is a GOOD tactical idea when it's available as it does a lot of things gunfight instructors teach - it creates distance, it puts obstacles in their way, and you can live to fight another day.

Don't you mean "live to RUN another day?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1911info View Post
I don't believe anyone is a culprit in their own home, minding their own business. I do, however, agree a responsible person should plan ahead for the worst case scenarios, first to protect themselves (and perhaps their property). I have gone far beyond what is required by law to deter a would-be intruder. I don't look forward to ever having to defend myself or loved ones, but I have prepared to do so if required. I will not, however, attempt to flee my home in order to not fatally injure an aggressor in my own home.
I wholeheartedly agree one can prevent such circumstances most of the time by planning ahead and spending some money for common sense defenses.
Quickly fleeing out a window or door isn't an option for people with certain types of windows, or bedrooms on an upper level. Casement windows don't open quickly, nor are screens removed quickly.
The only thing I strongly disagree with in tirod's post is the statement one is a culprit defending themselves in their own home. Running is not an option that really fixes anything or deters crime. I'm not looking for a fight, but don't think I won't put up a fight in the case of home intrusion where there is an eminent danger and risk of bodily harm. I won't risk being shot in the back trying to escape.
You beat me to the punch. I was going to add a comment that says essentially what yours does. Kudos!!

Last edited by Protected One; 01-04-2017 at 08:10 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: