View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM-BAM View Post
Also keep in mind most LGS and big box store sell "Gift Certificates" which are given as gifts..... and later used by a 3rd party toward a firearm purchase.........

But your warning is appropriate and timely.

In my experience red flags go up when "the Guy" ..... shows up with his "Girlfriend".......says "buy that one!" ( Glock 17/19) and then has the lady friend start the paperwork. Seen numerous "Gift purchases" over the years with Wives , Husbands and Grandparents......
Gift Cards work because the money was given to the retailer and the possession of the card denotes ownership according to the ATF so when you give the gift card the $$$ is theirs. Same as giving cash for the present which is then used to purchase a gun.

I agree that the scenario you stated above is the "typical" example but a wife "paying" for a AR15 at the register after the husband has picked it out and filled out the 4473 + other forms is no less illegal and I have seen dealers at gun shows and stores refuse a sale because of this exact scenario. I am just trying to help avoid an issue or the OP.

Back on topic. Wives who buy husbands guns are awesome!

Last edited by WVSig; 01-04-2017 at 05:28 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: