View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 05:32 PM

Liked 37 Times in 8 Posts

I don't believe anyone is a culprit in their own home, minding their own business. I do, however, agree a responsible person should plan ahead for the worst case scenarios, first to protect themselves (and perhaps their property). I have gone far beyond what is required by law to deter a would-be intruder. I don't look forward to ever having to defend myself or loved ones, but I have prepared to do so if required. I will not, however, attempt to flee my home in order to not fatally injure an aggressor in my own home.
I wholeheartedly agree one can prevent such circumstances most of the time by planning ahead and spending some money for common sense defenses.
Quickly fleeing out a window or door isn't an option for people with certain types of windows, or bedrooms on an upper level. Casement windows don't open quickly, nor are screens removed quickly.
The only thing I strongly disagree with in tirod's post is the statement one is a culprit defending themselves in their own home. Running is not an option that really fixes anything or deters crime. I'm not looking for a fight, but don't think I won't put up a fight in the case of home intrusion where there is an eminent danger and risk of bodily harm. I won't risk being shot in the back trying to escape.