View Single Post

Old 01-04-2017, 10:14 PM

Liked 79 Times in 35 Posts

No, I got what you meant. I also saw your reply on the subject on the Colt forum after I was here. I also found the Jack First parts after I was here, somebody else mentioned them elsewhere. Thanks for bringing them up though. They look like a realistic option, and not priced too bad. At least having them available gives one more options than trying to stretch a hand and breaking it with no parts available other than more used parts of unknown wear.

Thanks for giving your thoughts on the subject of welding the hand up. I understand the reluctance in trusting a welded part. I figured the micro weld probably wouldn't affect most of the hand, though the tooth of the hand may be softer once worked back to shape. Given how soft the internals are on the Uberti revolvers, it may be OK. They wear, but they work for the time being apparently, just not as long as harder parts before needing attention. If I do try it, I'll give what info I can, and try to take pics as I go. I don't have a gun at the moment, but they interest me. I didn't want to get strung out on Colts and not be realistic to be able to work on them or get parts, but it seems they can be worked on to some degree to get them back to carrying up correctly. I'm surprised at how reasonable many of the older Colt DAs are priced, even Officers Model Match guns.

Last edited by Malamute; 01-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: