View Single Post

Old 01-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad View Post
Rep. Richard Hudson of NC introduced H.R. 38 to the House yesterday. The summary hasn't been posted yet. 63 co sponsors.
This is the same bill that was was talked about here last month. Most people in that thread seemed to want to argue and complain about it being a "federal idea" rather than a states' rights issue...or whatever point they were trying to make, which seemed to be that they don't like "the government" telling them what they can and can't do, no matter what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad View Post
Does anyone have any info on this? I like the idea. My concern is the level of Fed involvement which should be none as I see it.
Well, if you don't think the federal government should be involved, who else do you think is going to pass a national reciprocity law? The states sure aren't going to do it on their own. Some of them can't even agree on who can carry a gun from one state into their state. They nitpick each other to death over state concealed carry requirements and laws. Some states have no restrictions, while others make it impossible to legally carry a gun even if you're just passing through.

Using our own state of North Carolina as an example, we recognize concealed carry permits from all other states...but only 36 states recognize ours. I wonder why?

Some people argue that we shouldn't have to ask permission from the government to exercise a Constitutional right. We shouldn't need a permit or a license and we especially shouldn't have to pay for the right. Constitutional carry might be a good idea, but the fact of the matter is...it isn't legal nationwide yet. Neither is national reciprocity. And the only entity that can enact national reciprocity is the federal government.

So like it or not, unless the feds are involved, you aren't gonna get national reciprocity in your lifetime.

Note, also, that the NRA has issued a statement in support of this bill.

Last edited by Watchdog; 01-05-2017 at 12:25 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: