View Single Post

Old 01-06-2017, 10:10 AM

Liked 12,553 Times in 3,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyork08854 View Post
I have two concerns. I am concerned about the possibility of a national registry. Don't trust what future administrations would do with it. Also, the wide range of laws between states. I could be charged with a felony going back to NJ with my full size SC legal M&P 9mm with 17 round mag. What other states have rules and laws that I don't know about? Thinking about a planned cross country road trip and "touching" states when my "protection" makes me a "criminal." Will be carefully planning and researching the states we will travel through.
No you couldn't be charged for having a handgun with a 17 round magazine.

The bill specifically defines "handgun" in this manner:

"The term ‘handgun’ includes any magazine for use in a handgun and any ammunition loaded into the handgun or its magazine."

This means that your 17 round magazine loaded with your preferred hollow point ammo will be legal for you to carry as a non resident in states that have a 10 round magazine limit and/or do not allow the use of hollow point ammunition.

The law is designed to remove many of those pitfalls.

You'll still need to check to see what areas are specifically prohibited for concealed carry in the state but there will be no need to modify what you choose to carry or the ammunition you choose to carry in it.
The Following User Likes This Post: