View Single Post

Old 01-06-2017, 08:01 PM

Liked 87 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpx4st View Post
As the old saying goes..."you only stop learning when you're dead", I have a long way to go before I know it all & hopefully, a long time to take as much in as I can.
I downloaded the manual for my particular model but it doesn't go into a great deal of "smithing", which I guess, is really a good thing. From what I've seen, it's a very involved & precise trade...& a bit costly. I'm a bit old (& broke) to take on the trade but maybe I can learn enough to recognize what I don't know & I won't screw something up. Lol

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
As the old saying goes...
I took my own advice & decided to "educate" myself on the inner workings. I thought about the dirt & crud issue brought up by armorer951 & with the help of the manual (to name the parts) & select YouTube videos (thanks Jerry M. & Harry P.), I dove in. Not overly cruddy but dirtier than I liked, so...
Long story short, you definitely learn from your mistakes but learn I did...& in a good way. After a couple of goofs (hand return spring, trigger tension spring [still not sure of names but I know what I mean]), I got it cleaned, lubed & back together & working fine. The main spring had a major bow to it but a little straightening, even helped with push-off & trigger action.
I would never try anything on a gun but my own but I believe in hands-on learning...even with an expensive risk. Thank God & good information, it worked!
Whew! 😊

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk