View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 01:28 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Model 41 Failure to Eject, FTE & Stove Pipes

Hi all, I have an A# series model 41 that's driving me nuts and I'm hoping for some help. I have constant failures to eject & feed, and the spent casing is often stuck sitting sideways in the chamber. I've read through a lot of the other threads and used most of the suggestions.

SV Ammo: CCI , Federal target, Federal Champion, Aguila Super Extra SV, etc. - all with the same results. I tried 10 rounds of Remington high velocity the other day and had no problems.

New S&W Parts: extractor spring, plunger, firing pin spring, recoil spring, new S&W mag. As well as a new Volquartsen extractor.

I've cleaned everything well including the bolt. Extractor holds a cartridge and barrel passes the plop test. If I rack the slide back slowly while the hammer is back, I can feel some resistance where the slide and hammer meet, but I don't know if it's excessive. My next guess would be to try a Wolf recoil spring kit, but IMO, it should work with the factory parts designed for it. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance.