View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 08:30 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
IF you have the ability, skills, patience and tools you are better off learning how to repair mechanical items yourself.
I am sure there are many here in this Forum who repair and rebuild their own guns, cars, motorcycles, appliances etc. and know what I am talking about. Not a bad trait to have! Of course diagnosing the problem in the first place is sometimes that hardest part of any repair job - but that comes with experience and knowledge.
ESSENTIALLY, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE KNOWLEDGE,TOOLS AND SKILLS THAT A BONAFIDE GUNSMITH WOULD POSSESS---ACCUMULATED THROUGH YEARS OF WORKING ON REVOLVERS. THE OP OBVIOUSLY IS NOT SUCH A PERSON. MANY FIREARMS HAVE BEEN RUINED BY BUBBA, ON THE KITCHEN TABLE, WHO DOES NOT KNOW IF THERE IS A PROBLEM, WHAT IT MIGHT BE, AND WHAT WOULD BE THE FIX......

IF YOU ARE GOING TO PASS ON A FIREARM TO ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN, DO THE KID A FAVOR, AND DON'T TRY TO "FIX" IT YOURSELF. I JUST PASSED OWNERSHIP OF A PRISTINE, BUT USED COLT DIAMONDBACK, TO MY DAUGHTER. IT WAS PURCHASED IN THE EARLY '7Os, AND SHOT REGULARLY FOR 20 YEARS OR SO. I GAVE IT TO A VERY TALENTED, AND HIGHLY REGARDED GUNSMITH, FOR A DETAILED CLEANING AND LUBE, AND ANY ADJUSTMENTS OR REPAIRS THAT MIGHT BE NEEDED......

WHY DIDN'T I DO IT MYSELF ? ? ? BECAUSE I LOVE MY DAUGHTER.....lol.