View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 02:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 10,654 Times in 3,388 Posts
Default Full circle back to the s&w 357 magnum

When I first got into shooting/collecting in about 1990 I bought a new Colt BOA in the box for around $600 give or take. I shot it a few times and liked it but everyone I showed it to said something like "oh, it's not a Python". So naturally I got rid of it and of course you all know what BOA's are worth today. Not too long after that I bought a beautiful S&W NRM in the box for exactly $1000. I knew the gun was special even back then but by this time I was starting to collect Colt SAA's and ended up selling the NRM for $1200 to a dealer - a sale I will never stop regretting. I spent the next 25 years collecting (or rather buying and selling) mostly Colt SAA's in the cowboy calibers of 45 Colt and 44, 38, and 32 WCF. Then, 3 years ago, the S&W light came on again and I just kept thinking about the mint condition NRM I had once owned. That's when Fate stepped in and I just happened to go onto the Guns International Website on the first day that another mint condition NRM was listed. The pictures on GI were not very good but I called the seller and took a chance on it; the NRM turned out to be a 99+% gun in the original box numbered to the gun with the Caution sheet - only missing the SAT. Anyway, the S&W hook was set for good this time and I now have 5 in .357 Magnum (1 NRM, 3 RM's, and 1 Pre-27 shown below).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by lestert357; 01-15-2017 at 12:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: