View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 02:15 PM
US Veteran

Liked 359 Times in 139 Posts
Default Bulldogs...

Many years ago, I had one of the old CA Bulldog revolvers, with the 3" barrel, and I had no love for it, especially when the front sight came off...
About 2 years ago, I found a NEW version, with the 2.5" barrel, made in Shelton-barrel, shroud and front sight all made in 1 piece...a VERY big improvement IMO. CA seems to have improved their process for boring the barrels, because the new CA revolvers are very accurate, and I find the DA trigger has smoothed up a lot with use.
I have the plain jane basic black .44 Spl Bulldog, and I like it so much I just bought a second one yesterday...should have it next Wednesday. I like shooting CCI Blazer JHP's in mine, and it seems to like them, too..they group well, and it's a light bullet, easy to shoot for my almost 70 year old body.

I sent my older by a few years Bulldog back to Charter because it had too much cylinder rotation - side to side...I shipped it via post office, marked the box "Finished Machine Parts" as instructed, on January the 10th...Just got it back today, January the 18th. They replaced the crane, test fired it, returned it Fed Ex, did not charge me a penny, even for shipping it back. Locks up tight as the new one now.
HIGHLY recommended!

Last edited by dogngun; 01-18-2017 at 01:44 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: