View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 03:30 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprher View Post
John Farnam is one of if not THE best instructors in the world today. Over the decades I've taken several courses from him, focusing mostly on tactics. While he will help you improve your shooting, he mostly focuses on how to employ the pistol when defending yourself and others. His web site is at:

HOME | Defense Training International, Inc.

Look at his schedule for this coming year (SCHEDULE | Defense Training International, Inc.) and you will find that he is teaching courses in Sturgis, MI (19-20 August 2017); in Montecello, MN (10-11 June 2017); in Bloomington, IL (13-14 May 2017); and Kankakee, IL (1-2 April 2017).

These courses are all Defensive Handgun and the course description can be found at TRAINING COURSES | Defense Training International, Inc..

I'm confident that John Farnam will provide you with all the knowledge, skills and abilities you'll need to survive an armed encounter. Please reach out to him. You'll not be disappointed.

Keith
I would love to take some of his course and those offered by others .. but they are out of my price range .. when a course runs 700 bucks for a 16 hour class just how good is he ??

He might be the best instructor in the world but because of the prices he charges many of us are unable to afford 700 dollars for a 2 day course ..

I was forced into a disability retirement some years ago and as you might imagine finances can be a struggle for those in my position ..

Even many other working people would be hard to come up with a fee of that amount .. half that or less and I might be able to swing it but any class over a couple hundred dollars is out of mine and many others means ..