View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 03:52 PM

Liked 95 Times in 56 Posts

Everyone has a reason to Justify their reason for their equipment.
I spend a great deal of money getting my ammunition correct. I personally will not scrimp on the one piece of equipment that tells me what the end result is.
It makes no sense to me that people on this board argue over what powder, a tenth of a grain here or there, brass, primers etc, then go test it on a 55-100.00 piece of equipment.
As I said above if that is all you can afford that is fine, but if you think you are getting the same results as an Oehler, you are just kidding yourself.
There is also a reason why all the youtubers pull out their new shiny toy, and compare against an Oehler. Because Oehler is the Benchmark for a reason.
The day I chronographed the load above, I shot from 660fps 22, 243, 264, and 204 @4600fps. It did not miss a single shot. Under 3900 the Labradar did as well. There is a reason ALL the manufacturers use Oehler.
I think in the future the Labradar will be just as good. In my mind they will update their software, and be good to go.
When I buy a tool, I buy the best I can afford, and the results usually bear out the reason for cost. When it comes to Electronics, you will always pay more for the best. Cheap, and great are not packaged together.

Nemo,
It was a fast 204 I was working on for a friend, I could have gone further, but my gut said to quit. There was no excess pressure signs, and these cases were reloaded after. Still tight. I have no doubt I could have got to 4700, but chose not to. I won't post the load, as I don't want anyone to follow me, but it is not as high as you would think. As I was shooting one load at a time, the Oehler was the only one I would trust, as I would have been mighty upset to have missed a shot.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: