Thread: Flyaway rounds
View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 07:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,585 Times in 2,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martybee View Post
As remarked earlier, "It's usually shooter error".
I believe my shooting techniques need to be addressed and improvements made! I think I will study the tips and suggestions made by helpful posters.
I will be going to the range next week to practice shooting with my BG380. Man... how snappy that little gun is!
Although many folks, including me, have bought defensive weapons as first guns, they are not ideal learning tools. Perhaps ideally, young children are started out with .22 single shot rifles. AFAIK, this is the classic American practice, although there are certainly many exceptions. It is not impossible to start out with a .22 pistol, preferably a revolver, or even a .38 target revolver.

The idea is to start out with the basics of trigger control and sight picture, leaving recoil for later. To start out with a gun that not only has a lousy trigger but may not fit the hand very well and has insufficient mass for reasonable stability is much worse than starting out with one hand tied behind your back. If you weren't aware, the smiley is because this is virtually the way bullseye shooters shoot.

I recommend getting a target gun and achieving proficiency with it. I fully recognize the flak I am about to get for choosing this forum on which to recommend buying another gun.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: