View Single Post

Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Liked 17,209 Times in 5,642 Posts

Kind of the odd man out. Yes, my very first handgun, which I still have was Model 28, but other than that one, I only have one other, a 686. Sacrilege to some, no doubt, but as one who was hand loading before I could buy guns, the lure of other calibers was too much. Then I somehow got waylaid by the siren's song of the 1911, and it, along with a Browning HP designed for competition (well, it was after all named the GP Competition) caused much of my adult life to be spent shooting 45acp's and 9mm's. Lately, I've been taken in by .38's, both Special and S&W. Perhaps even more sacrilegious is my willingness to embrace "new" calibers like the .40 S&W, the .357 Sig and the 10mm. And of course I had to have most powerful hand gun in the world: not the 44 mag (though I do own two) but it's big brother, the 500 mag. But it shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me, after all, I was one the guys who bought Remington's space gun, the .221 Fireball and Thompson Contender's 30 Herret later adding 2 different length 30-30 barrels and a 410 barrel back in the 'good old days'. Heck, I even have a black powder Colt Navy. It's all about diversity!