View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 11:24 AM

Liked 4,624 Times in 1,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry N. View Post
Couple points - self certify. I understand that I could sign a form and say I've done something that I haven't and in all likelihood, no one would know the difference, however, I would. I think if I'm going to certify that I've reviewed something, I should do that. Again, I know this is so very remote, but if you used your weapon, wouldn't it be nice to be able to substantiate that you did review something? As a practical matter, I'm not taking the high moral ground, but I think it's important to at least do some review in case some laws have changed and to just make sure you keep sharp on the rules. I don't think anyone on this forum would suggest that I shouldn't practice firing.

The comments about the review being eliminated are interesting. Apparently the renewal form has not caught up with the change. I'll look to see if there is a new form or some verification that a review is no longer required. It makes sense, because I found some local ranges that have review classes on their web site, but none were scheduled. Maybe they dropped them given the change.
I doubt most members of this forum fall into the category of those who wouldn't keep abreast of changes in their states firearm laws, or lack sufficient range time to "honestly" certify that they shot for an hour. However, the majority of those who have CPL's probably spend very little time doing either.

I will know for sure about the change shortly, as my license is due for renewal this year.