View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 02:52 PM

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLT223 View Post
If you are mechanically inclined and have the correct size screw drivers, you should be fine. Might want to watch some youtube clips on the process to help you determine if you are up to it.

If you intend to get involved in S&W's at a detailed level, which I would advise if you are mechanically inclined, I would recomend you purchase Brownells Magna Tip screw driver set and don't skimp. If you do it, buy 58 piece set.

You will very very likely be fine with no internal maintenance, but I feel it is worth while to know how to remove a side plate and be familiar with the internal lock work.
I was just looking at that Brownells set the other day! I think I'll have to pick it up eventually, but I hear everyone here loud and clear. The sideplate will not come off until I learn more about revolvers lol.

It's a police trade in from the California Department of Corrections so everything looks to be in perfect working order. I was under the incorrect assumption that one should still remove the sideplate to spray some lubricant inside but it seems like no lube is even necessary. I guess I just clean the outside of the revolver, the cylinder/chambers, and the barrel... and just oil the extractor rod. Coming from modern semiautomatics... that's a lot less work than I imagined lol.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: