View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 03:53 PM

Liked 141 Times in 76 Posts
Default The ultimate Sport II setup

So I bought a Sport I, and ripped it apart, Geissele SMR rail, BCM upper, Fail Zero BCG, Geissele SSA trigger, in short, I probably spent at least 3x what the rifle was worth in parts. I'm not sorry because it taught me a LOT, I now have the skills and the tools to build an AR from scratch (including a CNC to do 80% lowers) and I can diagnose and fix pretty much any problem on my own...but, it somehow still didn't feel right. I ended up with a toy, a really nice toy, but a toy none the less. So I went and bought another Sport II with the aim of keeping it "OEM-plus", only replacing the things I felt really added value and nothing else. (I should add I built 8 or 9 frankenrifles of various calibers from 300AAC to 50BEO in the middle) and came up with this.

Mods are:

BCM A2 Carry Handle sight.
BCM double heat shield M4 handguard
Hogan Gold AR duty trigger (6lb single stage drop in)
Geiselle braided wire buffer spring and H buffer
Magpul MOE grip with a spare firing pin holder insert
Magpul Ms-2 sling
3/4" stock extension (im fairly tall so the longer LOP really helps)

I have a BCM BCG as a backup, but am running the semi-auto cut S&W BCG currently.

To me, this is the perfect M&P Sport. Thoughts?

Now I've tried it on a Sport I'll probably buy a Colt 6720 with a pencil barrel and do similar mods and have that as my core rifle, by for now, I'm finally happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1050.jpg (134.3 KB, 642 views)
The Following 3 Users Like Post: