View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 10:37 PM

Liked 70 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by long colt frazier View Post
Sir you a a devoted collector. I wonder how many of us would be willing to put up with the bureaucracy involved or just give up the hobby.
Mark
That I exactly what the antis are counting on. I know several Canadians who have given up owning handguns because of the bureaucracy involved in buying, selling, shipping, transport, etc.

However, when our abortive Long Gun Registry was in effect, tens of thousands said - "To hell with that!" and became instant "criminals".
The LGR was allegedly destroyed but there is evidence that the rcmp (note the lack of capitalization) has not destroyed the data bank.

Currently, AR15s are "restricted" which means they require registration like handguns. They can only be shot on an "approved range" and must be transported in a lockable case with trigger lock installed.

There is a version of the Blazer .22LR semi-auto pistol that resembles the AK-47. It is "prohibited" because it looks too much like it's CF big brother.

Ruger 10/22 after market magazines that hold 25 rds are similarly "prohibited devices" because they can fit the Ruger Challenger 10/22 pistol. Penalty for owning a "prohibited device" is 10 years.

All those souvenir Lugers, P-38s, Mauser Hsc's, Walther PPK/PPs, etc. are "prohibited" which is ironic as they are the weapons of an autocratic state we defeated in a war against tyranny.
Handguns in .25 ACP, .32 S&W and .32 ACP are likewise "prohibs'' as are handguns with barrels 4" or less. Makers like S&W, Ruger and others are making "Canadian" versions with barrels just over 4" which are classified as "restricted", not "prohibs".

Gun laws in general do not make sense not are they intended to do so. The "Prime Directive" is civil disarmament, one citizen, one gun, one calibre, one barrel length at a time.

America - we all envy your 2nd amendment and sincerely hope that you are ready to fight to retain it - unchanged!

Last edited by Cariboo Canuck; 01-08-2017 at 10:39 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: