View Single Post

Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 PM

Liked 7,732 Times in 2,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce5781 View Post

Regards,
Bruce
Well done! Albert Zabel is listed as Ft. Worth 1901-20 (bearing in mind that this same book's Brill dating is proven incorrect). I do wish I had a version of this book that was organised by city/state, too!

The book I used as a reference states "with some of the following makers we could only verify a brief date of operation, although they may have been in business before or after those years". Example: we absolutely know that August Brill was working as a clerk (he was never listed as a leather worker in city directories or census documents) for saddler W.T. Wroe & Sons in Austin into the mid 19teens, yet the book states "August W Brill, Austin TX 1890s." August wasn't in operation himself until circa 1915 (perhaps by buying out William Wroe in accordance with the custom of the time).

Your holster being so very, very close to a Myres, and both being in Texas, Zabel may very well have influenced Myres' work.

Last edited by rednichols; 01-08-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: duplicate comment about threepersons styles
The Following 2 Users Like Post: