View Single Post

Old 01-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Liked 4,105 Times in 1,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
What kind of accuracy do you get from the shorts? If you didn't mention what they were, I would have assumed the were 9mm brass.
I'll have to look at my loading manual on those shorts. They look interesting.
I initially went to shorts looking for a bullet and load that would work better in the 627 and be able to speedload the moonclips faster!
My effective range is 25 yards standing but I know you shoot 100 yards still right? Even I would be interested to know how they'll stack up to 38 specials! And btw. My 38 special 125gr beat my magnums shot out of a 357 cylinder. ..at 25 yards. ..on HP38!

As far as loads for the shorts. You can start at the lowest 9mm published loads using 115,124 and 125gr bullets safely.

For example : 115gr 9mm RN xtreme plated .355 dia. , Winchester WSP's, starline 38 short colt brass (new) , and 3.5g HP38 @ 1.123 OAL.

At 3.5g. It's the starting range in 9mm on a 115gr weight. For Bullseye. The spread on that one is 3.5g- 4.8g?(on memory...) and Bullseye and HP38 are about the same on small cases like that. Using a .34 Lee disk.

I advise against published 38 short loads as the cases and guns published at those times were way weaker unless you see a correlation between using those and the weakest 9mm starting load.

I would use no higher than 4 g. On the 115gr. "A very energetic round" and makes for a great indoor light show!

My 125gr are good also......but maybe my post should be moved if I say more.

I've shot .355,.356 and .357 diameters in shorts. All fun. All reliable at 25 yards.

***I assume no liability in my loads and research sometimes going on old memory and each reloader is responsible for his due diligence and research in loads used in their guns! Be safe and have fun! ***

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Like Post: