View Single Post

Old 01-09-2017, 02:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim lock View Post
The second part of my question.......Do you feel there are alot of people who are not knowledgable enough, do not practice enough and possibly should Not carry concealed. I personally do believe it and the reason I ask is beause I believe excellent forums like this and others must encourage and insist on it. We as members make up this forum. Guess I asnswered my own question.
Many people probably don't train enough .. you noticed I said train not just practice .. practice - firing the pistol at a standing target .. training - going through SD scenarios where drawing and presenting your weapon .. shooting from the hip .. moving out of danger can all be done at home with an empty pistol ..

Designate a ammo free room in your home and do your dry fire practice in that room only .. and don't allow a loaded weapon into that room .. any chance of a ND will be avoided ..

Finding time and the cost is the main 2 reasons that I have heard .. but training can be accomplished at home and the actually shooting the pistol isn't always necessary .. dry firing can be very beneficial ..
The Following 4 Users Like Post: