View Single Post

Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Liked 594 Times in 251 Posts
Default SD9VE Massachusetts compliant trigger Apex spring kit

Hey all, just got a SD9VE used (with only about 20 rounds through it) for $250 at my favorite local shop in Mass. As you all know, has about a 10.5 lb trigger pull...

I took it to the range, couldn't hit any targets, had a friend shoot it, he showed me I was pulling the gun based on the heavy trigger. If I slowed down and throught about every shot, I did OK shooting it.

I will be using this as a part time carry gun, and like shooting it at the range. It was very fun and reliable on Brass cased ammo, and would not eject aluminum case for some reason... May have been that the ammo was swelling in the chamber, I don't know- dropping the mag and racking the slide cleared the spent shell, but every time I fired a mag with aluminum, first went bang, and would not eject... Clear it, re-insert the mag, bang, would not eject... Thats for another time...

What I really wanted to know is, has anyone installed just the Apex spring kit in a SD9VE that is Massachusetts compliant and recorded before and after results? I do not want the trigger too light as I will carry it on occasion, I want to keep the stock trigger for now as I like the long pull being a SD gun, but want a lighter pull.

Please if you have done the spring kit in a SD9VE let me know your results! I want it reliable, fun, and I just love this gun.

also, if anyone has had issued with aluminum cased 9mm please let me know if you resolved the problem.

I also have a model 36-1 38 spl revolver and a M&P 15 Sport in my arsenal of S&W firearms, and I love them all.