View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Liked 202 Times in 83 Posts

I have no access to anywhere where I can shoot from cover, run and shoot, or even draw from a holster and shoot. The range I can most often frequent doesn't allow much of anything like that. So, I do the best I can...

Once a month I shoot two guns, 150rds each. One is always an actual carry gun ie: 640, 442, 65 or Glock 26, and the other is whatever fun gun I am in the mood for ie: 1911, BHP, 28-2, whatever...

Same drill for them mt EDC guns. From roughly low ready, raise up to shoulder level and go one handed (strong side) with flash sight picture, both eyes open, double tap; repeat for 50 rds.
Next is from roughly low ready, raise up to handshake level and go one handed (strong side) without the sights, double tap; repeat for 50 rds.
Finish from roughly low ready, raise up to handshake level and go one handed (weak side) without sights, double tap; repeat for 50 rds.

I'll be first to admit it isn't a rigorous training regimen, but I'd like to think the practice I get has better practical application than standing there doing two handed aimed fire for tight groups. I also have enjoyed getting to where the sights are entirely optional for anything closer than 21 feet. Grind them off and it wouldn't change my day any as far as my CCW guns go. I do aimed fire with whatever larger "fun" gun I brought along in addition to my EDC, but often I have more fun with the little guys.