View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 12:00 PM

Liked 1,961 Times in 664 Posts

I finally got a 44 Spl Bulldog last year. After years of seeing them and always curious about how it remained the only true 44 Spl small frame revolver on the market, I decided to take a chance. I was never interested in the looks of the older ones and from what I understand Charter had updated all the flaws it had with the sights, barrel, and ejector rod over the years. The newest production Bulldog's are in my opinion a better gun than they were 25-30 years ago. Made in the USA and you get a lifetime no-questions-asked warranty. Everyone I've talk to who has dealt with their warranty/service dept has given me a positive view on the company.

It's been 6 months since I have owned, carried, and shot mine and so far I really like it. It's put together very well and everything locks up tight. This is a working man's gun... nothing fancy about it. The matte bead finish is nice. I normally hate rubber grips but the ones it came with feel good and serve it's purpose. The internals are a lot like a Ruger and the trigger sort of feels like one too. For a small gun it's pretty accurate and feels as light as my J frames. I also found it shares the same size holsters for a Colt Detective Special and Ruger SP101. I've really come to like it but if S&W ever releases a similar product to their lineup the Bulldog would most likely get replaced.

Last edited by 357-RevolverGuy; 01-10-2017 at 03:35 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: