View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 12:03 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twtalbot View Post
I have one. The stacky, Colt-like DA trigger pull was corrected by a Wolff spring and I'm in the process of finding out how much of the front sight needs to be filed down to get the point of impact near the point of aim. It actually groups quite well, just extremely low. I like everything else about this gun as a utilitarian carry piece.
I have read that they shoot more to POA with heavier and slower loads. 200-240 gr/750 fps. Cowboy loads basically. But ymmv...

It's funny, I was just lurking through this thread the other day and it got resurrected.

I've very much been in the market for a Bulldog. It would be a great woods gun and would go well with my Marlin 94 in 44 Mag. I can reload the Special and pretty much have a modern 44-40 ballistics combo. ~1200 fps/700 foe out of the 1894 and ~800 fps/350 foe from the Bulldog. Hardcast swc or even a soft lswchp would make me comfortable against anything where i'm located.

Buds Gun Shop is the best prices I've found, they dsrned near ship everything for free and have their layaway option for the Bulldog.

Last edited by Diesel Kilgore; 01-10-2017 at 12:17 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: