View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
two-bit cowboy's Avatar
two-bit cowboy two-bit cowboy is online now
US Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 7,880' in Wyo.
Posts: 1,413
Likes: 3,874
Liked 2,817 Times in 856 Posts

Here are a couple comparison shots that may help a wee bit.

The first image shows (from right to left) the original rubber grip on my M&P 340 -- might be the same one that came on your 637. Next is an Altamont rosewood combat. And finally the Karl Nill Centennial model -- it's the biggest set of stocks I've seen for a J-frame. I carry my 640 Pro with these stocks everyday and everywhere, and it's a pleasure to shoot -- feels like a K-frame. This model won't fit on your 637 because it won't allow the hammer to go all the way back, but Nill makes a similar stock for J-frames with exposed hammers (same girth, just not as tall).

The second shot -- if you want to stick with rubber -- shows two Hogues. On the right is the Monogrip on a 360PD (same dimensions as your 637), and on the left is the Centennial Tamer, which, again, won't work on a revolver with an exposed hammer.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails
Large J Frame Grips for Large Hands-grip-progression-side-view-jpg   Large J Frame Grips for Large Hands-centennial-tamer-vs-monogrip-jpg  
Loaded? Yip! Itís not a hammer
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Like Post: