View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 03:49 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim lock View Post
The second part of my question.......Do you feel there are alot of people who are not knowledgable enough, do not practice enough and possibly should Not carry concealed. I personally do believe it and the reason I ask is beause I believe excellent forums like this and others must encourage and insist on it. We as members make up this forum. Guess I asnswered my own question.
As responsible gun owners, everyone should understand how to safely handle and carry their weapon. Beyond that, the problem is there is no consensus on what constitutes proper training. The same could be said about who is skilled.

How many of those that conceal carry train weapon retention, handgun Combatives and extreme close-quarter defense extensively in force-on-force reality-based training scenarios?

I imagine not very many.

Someone could argue that unless you undertake such training and become highly skilled in it, you shouldn't carry a gun because a criminal will likely just take it away from you. The same with incorporating movement into your training. There is a fairly high probability that you will have to shoot while on the move in an actual defense scenario, but not many practice it or even have a place where they can.

Getting training is good, but the truth is that untrained people effectively defend themselves all the time.

Last edited by Mister X; 01-10-2017 at 07:05 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: