View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 07:19 PM

Liked 125 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus46 View Post
That should be about right. How is the dwell time and lock up? Does it stay locked up as you move the slide back. Should stay tight for about .5 to .6. Also the hood fit is a real critical one. Should be basically no play when you drop the barrel into the slide before you put the spring on it.

Have you shot it yet?
Hi Angus,

Thanks for the response. The lock up is as you describe. Stays tight for about 1/8 inch? or so when I slowly pull the slide back, then the barrel drops down. I did not measure this distance accurately, but will tonight when I get home.

The hood fit is tight. No play front to back or side to side when installed without the spring. The barrel also stays in place when spring is removed, and turned right side up. I can place the slide (with the barrel in it) on the table, and then finger tap the barrel on top to release it. Seems okay.

I have not shot it yet. I will tomorrow. We had snow and rain today. A bad icy mix here in Michigan, not to good to drive on. I wanted to also wait until I received some feed back from the folks here on the forum and Apex tech support. I didn't want to damage the gun or anything during live fire.

As for Apex. Wendy did get back with me today as well. She stated that my install was near perfect. I'll see tomorrow. If anything, the Pad dimension might be a little tight (in my opinion). According to her, if it does not go into battery during live fire; then the Pad height/dimension will need some slight adjustment. She also stated that a couple of hundred rounds will "marry" the surfaces in. I'll get back here tomorrow to let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, and Take care, :-)