View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 07:28 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,178 Times in 4,571 Posts

I have to admit, now that I read the Bill, that the argument in yellow appears to be correct:

Quote:
1. The gun lobby wants it. The concept is that a national law with national standards forces everyone to play by the same rules. I really can't imagine that happening, NY, Chicago/IL, CA, etc., just will simply not allow it if there is a way to prevent it. But the concept is there, just the same.

That's not what this is about at all. Nothing in this law requires a state to change anything about it's concealed carry laws. If a state chooses to ban concealed carry for its residents, it will remain banned for non residents. If a state chooses to limit concealed carry in various areas, those limits remain in effect for non residents.

only exceptions are related to concealed carry on federal lands and nullification of magazine capacity and hollow point restrictions for non residents - they will still apply to residents of that state.
This statement still gives me pause:

Quote:
There is also no federal involvement.
If it passes it becomes a Federal statute that requires the States obedience to it. The first person to be convicted whilst claiming this law prohibits even the arrest will take it to the Supreme Court. Should be interesting if it passes.

Last edited by ISCS Yoda; 01-10-2017 at 07:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: