View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 07:31 PM

Liked 135 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo99 View Post
"The anti-gun crowd in NY, NJ, and Conn. are going to be on full fight mode." "This will be either blocked or watered down with restrictions, it will be worthless."
^^^Two main things that stand out about this to me.

If I were an attorney or had one on retainer that was a wizard with gun law and could decipher all the BS that would be worked into this agreement I may consider trying to use it. But for someone like myself in my situation, as I stated before I wouldn't even bother trying when I go to NJ to visit. I have zero faith in that state or any of the other surrounding states for that matter.

All of the states that I would trust trying to use this in probably already have reciprocity with my current VA permit. So this would be worthless to me IMO.

And like others have mentioned. I am more fearful of what can of worms this could open if nothing else. Like I fear about the hearing protection act, that tax stamp was assessed with that time periods costs to be almost unobtainable or not worth it to some people and probably deter them from going through with it. It was never subject to inflation. What if that all goes south and they take that as an opportunity to look over the NFA tax stamp charges and want to raise it for other items, even if cans come off the list? So great cans can be purchased like any other non NFA item, that would be awesome, but the tax stamp for a SBR is now 3500.00 when inflation is assessed haha.