View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Liked 62 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targets Guy View Post
I held the FDE today at my LGS. Very nice. Loved the roughness of the grips. It felt just a touch heavier than my SR1911 9mm but that might be a plus.

Definitely on my watch list.
I was able to check one out at my gun club today. Overall, it's still an M&P (which is a good thing). The trigger "feels" the same as the current pro model to me - which I feel is the same as my Wife's -9C. I'm not blown away by the trigger, but it'll certainly suffice - unless or until you install an Apex trigger, which would be an improvement. The grip texturing is EXTREMELY AGRESSIVE!!! Absolutely the most aggressive I've ever felt on a stock pistol. It'll certainly be a winner for those who like to add the sand paper texture Talon grips. However, I think it's probably too aggressive for most new shooters or the casual shooter. I certainly wouldn't want to wear one IWB against bare skin. If I were to buy one I'd take to it with some fine grit sand paper to smooth it out a bit. However - to each their own, as grip texturing is CERTAINLY a personal thing. Overall I think it'll be successful for S&W.