View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by josp View Post
Well I couldn't resist, darn you S&W forum!
Picked mine up today, and mechanically it seems ok. A little rough on the outside and absolutely filthy. Grips (UM rubber) are trashed. Ejector rod was glued shut due to old oil all gummed up. It is now sitting in a bath of PB Blaster, side plate, cylinder, and grips off. I'll have to find some decent grips for it. And a OWB leather holster, though it will mainly be the ankle gun. Overall it's a bargain as new ones are twice the price.
josp, when you say the ejector rod was glued do you mean it wouldn't unscrew or it wouldn't push to eject casings ? Just wondering because mine is supposed to be here tomorrow and with all the stories of the lube acting like glue I am trying to figure out how I'm going to clean it.

I don't have a lot of cleaning supplies and not that skilled at cleaning and trying decide on how to approach this.

I guess I'll have to use brake cleaner since I don't have any gun scrubber or any cleaner to soak it in. Anyone else have any other poor mans ideas to cleaning ? Thanks
The Following User Likes This Post: