View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 09:42 PM

Liked 3,126 Times in 1,326 Posts

Para USA was bought out by Remington a year or so ago, and they are in the process of moving everything that is left to Alabama. I say "left" because it seems that a lot of parts were sold off by Para before the transaction.

I found an Expert Carry .45 for $350 NIB at a big chain retailer who just could not sell it in December '16. I called the CS phone, and they have limited resources right now. The price was ridiculous, and the implication is that if they can't fix it, it gets replaced with a Remington 1911 of some sort. They suggest I use the Kimber Ultra springs when needed, as they have none available to sell as spares.

I needed a toss-in-a-box (yes, in a sticky holster, before I get sniped at) truck gun, so it seems a deal. So I bought it. It shows signs of test firing (CS guy says it was built in 2013, and it is dry as a bone).

My LGS guy says it is a dangerous buy, as they have a real hard time selling Paras as consignment, even dirt cheap.

I took the risk, but all things considered, if I was in the market for a primary 1911, it would be something else.