View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 11:04 PM

Liked 61 Times in 35 Posts

Sorry about that, I didn't pay attention, typing too fast and forgot a zero. Pretty important one at that! .050 to .060 should be about what you get. I used a vice and a dial indicator on the front of the slide. If you are anywhere near .071 that is great. Look at the factory barell, it unlocks almost immediately.

I agree about the pad, If it goes into battery from slide lock with no issues you should be good to go. Sounds like it fits perfectly into the slide. Only other thing to check would be if it springs in the slide. So upside down, barell in the slide no spring. Push down on the barrel and see if there is movement or it pops back. Shouldn't be any. If there is work with Apex about how to remove some of the material on top of the barrel. The key to this and all the fitting process is to slooooooow... which it sounds like you did based on how it fits.

It will probably loosen up just a bit after shooting, mine did. At first I had to push the slide forward from a striker reset when dry firing. Now will basically slide into battery with a little shake. Wish it would have been a tad tighter initially. However, accuracy is great and now about 500 rounds into new barrel and trigger set up, zero failures!

Last edited by Angus46; 01-10-2017 at 11:07 PM.