View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 12:02 AM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolwrench View Post
My question comes from S&W earlier handgun line the M&P 45. I found one on gunbroker from a trusted seller that stated it was CA complaint. I did end up messaging them and asking if it truly was and they stated that since it has a detachable magazine that it was no longer ca complaint in 2017.
OK, your question has been answered, but I just want to chime in. Please feel free to PM me any time about questions on CA gun laws. I spend a lot of time trying to learn what is and what isn't legal.

One thing that transcends anything anyone here can say is the actual law. Anyone can say anything and it might even sound good. However, if they can't produce the code, take it with a grain of salt. Always verify what people say. The guy telling you a pistol isn't "compliant" because it has a removable magazine, obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is exactly what a Private Party Transfer (PPT) is. It is NOT just buying a used gun. Both parties must be a CA resident. So, you can't just buy a used gun from out of state.